Aluminium platforms made by BÄR
Steel platform versus aluminium platform
Since the company was founded in 1981, BÄR has relied on aluminium platforms. But why aluminium? Because aluminium does not rust. Regardless whether they are painted, anodised or bare - aluminium platforms maintain a high quality appearance for the long-term. Furthermore, aluminium brings a weight advantage of 100 kg to 200 kg in comparison to steel. For the user this means a higher payload and therefore more loading capacity as well as lower fuel consumption.
From the very beginning, BÄR has developed its own aluminium platforms. Since 2004, it has also manufactured the majority of its platforms at its Heilbronn site in Germany. You can recognise these platforms by the "BA" in the name of the platform system. For example, the BAplan platform is used for Bär Cargolift Standard, BAfalt for the foldable Falt Cargolifts and BAret for the retratable tail lifts of the RetFalt product group.
The following applies to all these platforms: stable = heavy - not with BÄR! Because webs in the upright aluminium profiles and the platform tip ensure stability while at the same time optimising the weight of the BA platform system - shown here using the BAplan platform as an example.
The platform development concentrates at BÄR on:
- The optimum relationship between stability and net weight
Since the change from 40 mm to 45 mm high aluminium profiles, the BAplan45VL platform is about 18% lighter than its predecessor. The use of an aluminium extruded profile as a back box not only saves weight, but also offers a larger advertising space and higher value appeal.
- The practical orientation towards load capacity and application
As the load capacity increases, the webs in the platform profiles are designed to be more solid. In addition, a variety of equipment is available to meet requirements.
In the following, we would like to present a selection of these platform fittings in more detail:
Slip resistance on the platform with the TracGrip running surface
Since the in-house production of its platforms in 2004, you can recognise BA platform systems by the anti-slip TracGrip tread. It offers more safety and more traction - even on wet surfaces. TracGrip achieves the slip resistance class R11. Optionally, TracGrip Plus is available with increased slip resistance R13.
In addition to TracGrip, the noise-reducing SilentGrip (slip resistance R11) is optionally available. SilentGrip increases noise reduction for night-time or morning deliveries in residential areas.
Safety through visibility - the flashing platform edge NightGuide
For Bär Cargolift, safety when using the Cargolift has been a central focus since the company’s foundation. The visibility of the platform is particularly important here – for both the driver and the road traffic. And this is precise purpose of Bär’s latest innovative solution: NightGuide. The flashing LED strip impressively signals the working area on the platform running surface to the driver. During operation, the platform position is clearly visible from all sides. NightGuide thus increases safety through maximum visibility - especially when using the Cargolift in public traffic areas at night. NightGuide also visually secures the work area during morning loading at the ramp.
However, professional use demands not only safety but also robustness and reliability. Integrated in the platform edging, NightGuide is well-protected against mechanical influences. The LED tape has the impact protection rating IK08 and ingress protection rating IP68. It is therefore also suitable for cleaning with a pressure washer (minimum distance of 40 cm).
NightGuide is available for platform edging for side loading ramps with or without RamGuard / SteelTop. This optional equipment can be used with Bär Cargolift Standard S2 and S4 from capacity 1,000 kg on.
Loading from the side of the platform - edge end profiles and side loading ramps for Standard platforms
If the load is to be loaded from the walkway, edge end profiles for loading ramps are available for Bär Cargolift Standard S2 and S4 from 1000 kg load capacity. They allow the stepless insertion of a side loading rail into the platform edge.
The matching side loading ramps with or without track guide can also be ordered from BÄR in various dimensions.
Stable right into the platform corners - even when using the Standard platform on the ramp
You are already familiar with the stable construction of the BA platforms. However, frequent use of the tail lift on the ramp can easily leave unwanted marks on the platform corners. This is why BÄR recommends SteelTop made of solid stainless steel for intensive ramp use. The protection of the platform corners is available for the Standard S4 product group from 1500 kg load capacity.
As an alternative to SteelTop, RamGuard protects the platform corners during ramp use.
Trolley stops for the safe loading and unloading of your trolleys, in line with requirements
In accordance with the European standard for tail lifts, EN 1756-1, trolleys must be secured on the platform with a trolley stop. With Bär, you have the choice between different trolley stop systems. All of these trolley stops have a double floor and additional stays in the aluminium profile in order to increase roll-over stability. With higher load capacities, the trolley stop is also more solid by design. After all, a robust platform also requires a stable trolley stop.
Generally, trolley stops are placed in the platform tip, which is why the permissible load capacity should be checked for heavy rolling containers and high platforms. BÄR recommends using the product recommendation MyCargolift. There you can select both the weight of the trolleys and their number for simultaneous transport on the platform. MyCargolift will then suggest the right Cargolift for the transport task.
The illustrations show the typical placement of the trolleys when transporting two, three or five roll containers on the platform.
Trolley stops with flaps can have one switching position - this means the flap is opened via a toggle switch and closed again by stepping down - or it has two switching positions:
(1) Position Loading - flap opens automatically after being run over with trolleys
(2) Position Unloading - flap locks after tramping down
Trolley stop types at the platform tip
Trolley stop rd
- Available as 2rd for two trolleys for Cargolifts of the product groups Standard with capacity 750–1,500 kg, Falt as well as RetFalt and HydFalt
- Is opened individually via a control lever for each flap with two possible switching position
Trolley stop ad
- Available as 2ad for two trolleys for Cargolifts of the product groups Standard with capacity 750–1,500 kg, Falt as well as RetFalt and HydFalt, standard equipment of Bär VanLifts as well as BC 750 A2L
- Is opened individually via a control lever for each flap with two possible switching position
Trolley stop Rs
- Available as 2Rs for two trolleys or as 3Rs for three trolleys for Cargolifts of the product groups Standard S4 with load capacity 1500-3000 kg as well as RetFalt (only 2Rs)
- Opened via a toggle switch for each flap. Exception 3Rs: Two flaps open simultaneously, one flap opens individually, operating film 3Rs on YouTube
Trolley stop Rx
- Available as 2Rx for two trolleys or as 3Rx for three trolleys for Cargolifts of the product groups Standard S4 with load capacity 1,500-2,500 kg and RetFalt with single folded platform and as 5Rx for five trolleys for Standard S4 with load capacity 1,500-2,500 kg
- Opened via a toggle switch for all flaps in a row with two possible switch positions
Trolley stop Ax
- Available as 2Ax for two trolleys or as 3Ax for three trolleys for Cargolifts of the product groups Standard S4 with load capacity 1,500-3,000 kg
- Opened via a toggle switch for each flap. Exception 3Ax: Two flaps open simultaneously, one flap opens individually, operating film 3Ax on YouTube
Machined wheel recesses
- Available as two pairs for two trolleys for Cargolifts of the product group Standard S4 with load capacity 1500-3000 kg as well as for BC 750 S2S
- Milled from a single piece
Trolley stops for lateral placement of trolleys
Trolley stop L
- Available for one trolley on the side for Cargolifts of the product group Standard S4 with load capacity 1,500-3,000 kg
- Can be combined with troley stops Rs, Rx and Ax
- Opened via a toggle switch for each flap
- Available as one pair for one trolley on the left in the direction of travel or as two pairs on the right and left for Cargolifts of the product group Standard S4 with load capacity 1500-3000 kg
- Can be combined with solid troughs as well as with roll-off protection Rs, Rx and Ax
- With double floor
Further contents on aluminium platforms
Platform spare parts in the spare parts catalogue
You will find a selection of platform spare parts in the digital spare parts catalogue. Just click on the material number or picture in the catalogue to view and order this original spare part in the WebShop (registration required).
The tail lift - product group standard from 1000 kg load capacity
Many of the equipment presented here were developed for professional distribution transport and this product group. Because here the platform, which can be up to three metres high, is the face to the customer.
The RetFalt product group of tail gates with an one time folded platform
Specially designed for trucks or semi-trailers so that the RetFalt Cargolift fits the carrier vehicle perfectly - in each case with fixed and folding parts of the platform made of aluminium.
The tail lift for transporter chassis - Standard / FreeAccess with load capacity 750 kg
The platforms also play a central role in the light-duty load category, because standing behind the vehicle body they are visible from a distance.